Internet Timeout Type problem.... help!!

mikeym

Beta member
hey guys,

I have a custom built computer loaded with Windows XP Professional SP2.

Specs if it matters:
AMD 3800+ x2, 1 gb corsair performance ddr2ram, biostar NFU AM2 board, seagate 7200 rpm 120gb hd...

The problems I'm having are, after leaving my computer on for an amount of time without me touching it I seem to not be able to access the internet...

OR

If I play a game like counterstrike source, and then exit the game after playing for an hour or so... my internet won't work anymore... EVEN though I was playing and connected to the internet...

I have tried IE, Firefox, currently running Netscape Navagator with the best results...

It is a pain in the ass..

As soon as I restart my computer, internets back

Any suggestions?

~mikeym

Cryman,

This is going to sound soo newbie... but how do you repair your connection?

~mikeym

Go to Start, Connect to, Show all connections, find the connection you are using, right click the icon, hit repair, the rest is automatic.

start ===> run ====> "cmd", hit ok

then type in "ipconfig /release"
then type in "ipconfig /renew"

it should work. you can just donate when you come praise me on sunday.

The ipconfig /release - ipconfig /renew won't work, your IP addressing info would still be valid, even if the lease expired.

Usually, this is a power management problem.

In network connections under control panel, right click on your network adapter and click properties. Than hit configure, and look under the power management tab. Make sure to UNCHECK the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

Thanks for the reply guys... I'm going to check all these things out.

I am using wireless at the moment, but it does it for both the wireless adapter (PCI) and the ethernet port (Integrated)

~mikeym

yes. if the help above doesnt work. check if there is anything wrong with your router or modem(then reset them if there is something wrong)

Back
Top Bottom