Merry Christmas

I'm really not certain what I'll get. I'm hoping either Oblivion GOTY or Zelda Twilight Princess.

Merry Christmas to all the members (and lurkers/non-posters as well:p)

This time of the year has set me to thinking, and I think everyone here regardless of their personal faith or beliefs has seen that the Christmas season/spirit can in the right setting, truly bring out some of the best attributes of man, kindness selflessness, humility...a giving heart. I'm like most of y'all in the fact as I've grown older Christmas doesn't have the same effect it on me as it once did. I'm not spellbound by what I thought of as the "Christmas Magic" as a kid...all the Christmas movies on tv, the songs on the radio and the decorations at home...just the feel of Christmas.

Ha at times it seems that growing older just kinda sucks, sometimes I pine for the joy kids can find in the simplest things. But now as I get older it seems like Christmas is a holiday about material processions and only brings out the less appealing sides of the human spirit...anger, greed, selfishness, impatience.

I think part of it is the shifting attitude in our modern world, it seems like folks are to high strung now a days. I think the world might be a better place if folks could stop focusing on things like trying to get out of the stores as fast as possible or how many more gifts they need to buy and literally just "look" around them, try to find someone who's life you can impact in a positive way, little things mean a lot and good deeds have a ripple effect about them..spreading far beyond the person you've helped, it makes them look for such opportunity's. I think that might be the Christmas magic I thought of as a child...the acts of kindness and mercy that complete strangers have on one another.

So anywho, this is beginning to sound like some friggin' cheesy office party toast:p so I guess all I want to say is look around you for openings to perform acts of kindness and mercy, may y'all have a truly Blessed and Merry Christmas!

Cheers:)

I do agree with Mongoman, its come so fast this year, I don't feel anything...
Last year I did. Why not this year? Strange...

Our school had zero school spirit, that's why I don't feel it.

But merry Christmas!

The last few years I didn't feel much spirit..
This year I feel a bit more spirit because I have my wonderful fiance' and her family that I love.. plus I look forward to seeing my father and such tomorrow, and eating a nice but small dinner.

Not a big drinker, so I won't be drinking probably.

i only slightly feel the spirit. meh.
its days off school i guess :p
MERRY CHRISTMAS :)

Back
Top Bottom