Q6600 Overclock high temps?

Yeah, but he may find it hard to type because his fingers are freezing off because he's sitting in a room at -20c. I do think Zalmans in general are overrated but his temps shouldn't be that high. Please answer the questions already posted: What is the Vcore, what is the room temperature and how did you apply the thermal paste. Only after you've answered these questions can we help fix the problem.

you said you have fans blowing to your cpu fans? if i read that right then make the air blow outta the case and see if it makes a difference, ive had a 10 degrees difference celcuis from that

I took off the zalman this morning and reaplied arctic silver 5 as per instructions on there site for quad cores. I still hit about 62 max in prime 25.5. I have one of the 120's blowing out and the other 120 and 80 blowing in. The 120 are panoflos. Very loud and move a lot of air. Im trying to see how far i can drop my vcore right now. By the way Im using an XFX 680i SLI motherboard.

Seems 62 is as far down as I can get it. Looks like im gonna have to do some serious lapping. Hopefully that will bring it down.

62 isn't serious, but it's on the borderline. Could you tell us how you fans are set up. Normally you should go with this theory: Front case fans should blow in, and rear fans should blow out. And which way is your CPU fan facing?

thats completely wrong
someone on the forums got there quad to 3.2 with a zalman with very cool temps

yeah, but what are his ambient temps? i'm near houston buddy it's 95 deg 360 days a year here. i've overclocked almost every C2D and C2Q out there, i know for a FACT that the zalman is a piss poor design. it's a GREAT cooler if you run your C2D/C2Q at stock speeds or if you plan on running a single core celeron overclocked.

whats better than zalman.. cuz i planned on gettin a zalman aftermarket cooler for my new AMD 64X2 5600+, what should i get?

62 isn't serious, but it's on the borderline. Could you tell us how you fans are set up. Normally you should go with this theory: Front case fans should blow in, and rear fans should blow out. And which way is your CPU fan facing?

One 120 on the front blowing in. My 120 on the rear is exhaust, and my 80 on the side is also blowing in. I wish i had more room for more fans, but my case just isnt configured right. Im really hoping after the AS5 has cured my temps will lower a little more.

Almost forgot. My cpu fan is blowing directly at the rear exhaust fan.

Sounds like you got a very bad base on your Zalman for it to be running at those temps, also the IHS on your cpu may be quite uneven too. Are you 100% positive that the mounting bracket/backplate are installed correctly? and that the heatsink is installed correctly?

Your fans are in the right config so that's fine, any chance you can post a photo showing the inside of your case??

........... snip ............
Helpful sort of chap aren't you? If you have nothing to add to the discussion except vitriolic product condemnation then really your posts are nothing but spam.

38197spamtn7.jpg

whats better than zalman.. cuz i planned on gettin a zalman aftermarket cooler for my new AMD 64X2 5600+, what should i get?
Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme, Thermalright IFX 140, Tuniq Tower 120 would all be worth a look.

Back
Top Bottom