Antec 900 Case fans question.

OTSS

In Runtime
Ok so I look at the spec sheets on this case and some say it has 3 fans out of the box and some say 4. It says 2 in front and 1 on top and some spec sheets say one on back and some don't. What does it have out of the box? Also would it make a big difference adding 2 more of the optional fans to the side and middle (rear I would already get if not included). I will be overclocking so heat dissipation will be a help even if cooled 1 or 2 degrees more but at the same time I don't want the fans to sound like a 747 is flying through my room.

We got a bunch in at work, and all of them have four fans. Two on front, one back, plus the 200mm fan on top. All in all it moves a lot of air, and even on high, the fans are nice and quiet. The fans do have a controller on them, so if you don't want them on high, you can manually set it to a lower level.

Alright so do you think the extra 2 fans is necessary or at least helpful or are they kinda useless with the amount of air already flowing through the case.

I honestly do not think it will be necessary. Give it a shot without them first, and if you really think you could improve airflow, then add them. but I highly doubt you'll need to.

I have this case:

It comes with 2 120mm's at the front and one at the back, and a large 200mm at the top.

You won't need more than that, though a nice side fan may be good if you can get hold of a quiet one.

Its best to have the fans built into the case on low, all except for the top which is better at medium or high.
The 120mm ones are way to loud for my tastes at medium or full, but at low, they move quite a bit of air anyway, and are pretty quiet indeed.

my friend just got one that a built a sweet quad for, it had 2 120mm fans on the front 1 200mm on top and 1 120mm on back.

that 200 mm fan makes the whole system so cool
just suxs every thing out
and the psu being on the bottom sucks the hot air right out from your v/c

thats the case that im going to get , im also going to buy the optional side fan because if you have the zalman 9700, the copper at the top will be one inch away from the fan , and it does cool it a bit better.i manly want it because the whole case looks soo sexy

I broke my 200MM fan :(

I'm gonna get a different case and go liquid sometime though.

Back
Top Bottom