overclocking prob

Fanatic4Christ

Daemon Poster
when i overclock my cpu i can get it up to 2.4ghz stable at 33 celcius but i cant go anyhigher than that no matter how cool it is. anyone know how i can go any higher? is it the mobo?

Could be alot of things. Motherboard, CPU limitation as some just don't like to OC well. Have you been playing with the voltages any? Try keeping the memory timings as close to default as possible.

It's probably either your motherboard or RAM holding you back. Try to find out your northbridge temperatures, but I'm not sure if you can with a Biostar motherboard...

You could also try lowering your RAM speed by changing the divider.

hmm i dunno why but right now ive got it to 2.5ghz and the cpu clock from 200mhz to 230mhz and the memory clock is at 191mhz, overclocking percentage is 115% is that good? o yeah and its running at 36-38 celcius

overclock.jpg
is this good specs?

i wouldn't say it was good, it's a sub-par overclock, but there's a lot of things you can still play with. what cooling are you running?

uhh thermaltake cpu fan and like a fan that takes up a little over half my cases size taking out all the hot/warm air

Back
Top Bottom