what video card is better for gaming

I don't know where you guys have been, but Crysis is the new FEAR. Top of the line video cards struggle with that beast.

It's scalable, yes. Hell even my 7600GT can run it smoothly with the settings on low with a few on medium, but high or very high? unless your running a somewhat low resolution, there isn't a sly chance in hell your frame rates will be smooth.

1280x1024 , well see when its been built , might just have to settle for medium

You'll be good with high at 1280x1024 Cryman. My 8800GT gets around 30FPS average at those settings in DX10 with 2xAA, and the 8800GTs is around 5FPS on average faster. Whether you play in DX9 or DX10 is really just a personal preference, some people find a noticable improvement in DX10, some think they are identical but expect a 10 to 20% peformance hit if you play in DX10.

You also need to take into account that the 8800GTS he is getting has the new G92 core which provides much more performance over the G80 core 8800GTS cards.

Uh, yeah I know, that's why I said that it would be around 5FPS faster than my GT, the older 8800GTS is much slower than my card.

1GB of vram won't be needed IMO, except for the very high end cards and for those people who have to play at 10000x7500

Back
Top Bottom