hdd space getting drained

Hmm... It could be a program automatically downloading files from the internet or something, but i doubt a program would need to download THAT much unless its a virus. It probably would be your hard drive.

im running windows vista and i dont think the hdd has any problems because i ran checkdisk and it didnt find anything.

well i had a sort of virus that did the same thing as your hdd,
every day i lost GBs then i found the problem in a hidden folder,
all it was is a folder called " _ " and it just kept multiplying , when i caught it, it was up to like 30 gbs

Freestyler has hit the nail on the head I remember that Vista has an automatic system restore function that saves every day or so, so it will b baling up your computer and draining your hdd, you will need to disable it and run a manual back up. I'm back on XP now so cant quite remember where to look but I know its there Ive seen it when I ran ultimate.

well i had a sort of virus that did the same thing as your hdd,
every day i lost GBs then i found the problem in a hidden folder,
all it was is a folder called " _ " and it just kept multiplying , when i caught it, it was up to like 30 gbs

ive done a virus scan from avg and it found nothing... where did u find that folder?

sorry for a double post but i just disabled system restore and i got 10 gb back but then its still getting drained alittle.

try ccleaner. im ot sure where to get it so just google it. it removed 10.2 gb from my 40gb drive

ive got this problem on my server. only has like 10mb free now and it boots up all wierd :(

Back
Top Bottom