So this is what I'm getting for Christmas....

That's a great laptop. The 8400GS is actually a great card for a laptop, way better then my crappy intel extreme graphics.

Should play CS:S like a beast :) Just get the resolution right. Probably play some COD4 too.

It's more then the hard drive space. The screen resolution is just too small, and the keyboard is undoubtedly uncomfortable to type on for extended periods.

Pretty good, but if you are going to be using for gaming at all, the 8400M GS isn't that good. If I were to get a laptop just to do homework and like that, i Woulda got an eeePC
the eee pc is a joke, the only thing i would use that for is to run ubuntu on it and give it to my gf's little sister. i only use powerful computers, sorry if i come off as an elitist, but my weakest machine is a Core Duo T2350 laptop.

That's a great laptop. The 8400GS is actually a great card for a laptop, way better then my crappy intel extreme graphics.

Should play CS:S like a beast :) Just get the resolution right. Probably play some COD4 too.
yeah i can't even get CSS to start up on the other dell laptop in my sig, that's why i'm getting this XPS. i can't complain though i got the 640M for like 600 bucks shipped. the only game i play is CSS and that's all i want the M1330 to be able to play.

yeah i can't even get CSS to start up on the other dell laptop in my sig, that's why i'm getting this XPS. i can't complain though i got the 640M for like 600 bucks shipped. the only game i play is CSS and that's all i want the M1330 to be able to play.

then you should have no problemo at all, cant wait to see some pics and see the avg. FPS in the stress test, your gonna have to post some info :)

then you should have no problemo at all, cant wait to see some pics and see the avg. FPS in the stress test, your gonna have to post some info :)
will do. first thing i'm gonna do with this laptop is do a reformat and install either windows server 2003 or XP Pro SP2.

Before you reformat and install XP or Server 2003, you better make damn well sure you have all the correct drivers lined up and ready to go. These new systems with Vista installed are a real PIA to get drivers for if you install a different OS.

Before you reformat and install XP or Server 2003, you better make damn well sure you have all the correct drivers lined up and ready to go. These new systems with Vista installed are a real PIA to get drivers for if you install a different OS.
not a problem brother. i've already got the drivers i need for the laptop, they're in a zip folder on my flash drive =]. i did the same thing with my Inspiron 640M, this ain't my first rodeo cowboy. yeeee haw!

Just wanted to make sure. I've helped alot of peeps after they did the exact same thing without doing a little research first.

8 seconds at a time cowboy!

Back
Top Bottom