memory controller: NA

killthenakedcat

In Runtime
after I try toboot I get thiserror "verifying DMI pool data" but there is a list of PCI devices or something above it that has a list of different devices and numbers next to each of them such as 5 or 14 or 11 but at the top it says "memory controller" and there it says NA instead of a number...does this have any effect on anything or should it be Non Applicable?

That's perfectly normal. The numbers refer to the IRQ address assigned to each device. Many controllers aren't assigned IRQ addresses in the BIOS.

Normally when your computer hangs at the "verifying dmi pool data" it indicates a hardware problem. What did you do before this started happening? Is there an OS installed on the hard drive? Make sure all connections are firmly attached. Check to see that the boot order is set properly and that there are no CD's or floppies in their drives.

well i haven't actually gotten running yet haha...first build umm I booted from disc and installed windows on my C drive and then i restarted and that's what happened when it restarted and I changed it to HDD as first boot device. Honestly people say it must be a hardware problem but I'm sure the HDD and CDROM drive are connected properly. The HDD is read in the bios and is connected firmly with the IDE ribbon cable and it is connected into the motherboard strong as well along with the CDROM being connected firmly too...I don't know what else it could be....I tried disconnecting everything but the CDROM HDD GPU and fans and running it and it still didn't work...I've been without a comp for over 2 weeks now and I miss CS and my music n stuff. I might have to call a teletechie or something in order to get this thing up and running

obviously not lol...it said something about copying files and it completed doing that and it had all the .dll and other files going at the bottom then it restarted when it finished doing that...it was supposed to restart and boot normally into the windows setup where it asks about your internet connection date/time but it never booted past that point it went to verifying DMI pool data and stopped...

did that already...3 times did 2 installs where you keep the files intact and 1 fresh install...and nothing its gunna have to be 99 dollars to teletechies if they can fix it....its all good tho I only spent about 400 for everything

Back
Top Bottom