8x 570i SLI

bullzi

Fully Optimized
Alright, ill be building the rig in my sig (rhymes :p) for christmas, and the motherboard i got is >>GIGABYTE GA-M57SLI-S4 AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI<< and it runs a single card at 16x (my 8800GTS 320MB) but in SLI it runs both slots at 8x, if i were to get another 8800GTS how much is the 8x vs. a single 16x going to bottleneck? i highly doubt ill be getting another card for a while, but just wondering if there was a major difference...

When I looked at the title, I thought I would be seeing a link to a board with 8 PCI-E slots, then I was wondering why it would be based on a 570i :D

You probably will see a little better performance, just a little, but your 3DMark scores should up a bit.

Let me revise...

You will probable notice a little better performance, and your 3DMark scores should go up quite a bit.

ya but cabbspapp those sli benchmarks are probably 2 16x slots, right? this board im getting does dual 8x in sli or a single card in 16x

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Before the difference wasn't big at all in benchmarks and games, but not sure about now.

wow you're better off getting a single card and using the money on a Q6600/DS3 combo.

ya thats what i have, a single 8800GTS (or will soon, its been shipped) and most likely im going to pop my 8600 in there and see if there is a gain or loss in performance, that will depict if i buy another 8800gts, that will allow me to test the 8x bottleneck somewhat, chances are ill just run a single 8800GTS and eventually get a new mobo with full 16x sli

You can't run an 8600 with an 8800 in SLI. Or are you going to run the 8600, then the 8800 to compare performance?

Is the 8800GTS you're getting a G80 or G92 core?

Back
Top Bottom