Phenom 9600 vs Q6600

Everyone really shouldn't be panicking, these are the first 3 Phenoms that have been released and there not even the 4000Mhz HT speed ones. We still have to wait a while. I think they just released these to get just a little more money to produce the more important ones. And there are still the dual core Phenoms that are yet to be released.

We just have to wait until Q1 and Q2 of 2008 and we should start to see a come back.

I read that the tri-core processors AMD has planned are just quad cores with one of the cores disabled...anyone know anything about that?

Well, I have a GA M55PLus-S3G from Gigabyte. It's the Geforce 6100/nForce 430MCP. That chipset supports the AM2+ Phenom CPUs, but I'm not too sure if it works with mine...none was listed...so my guess would be to flash to the latest BIOS, dump that thing and see.

Don't worry, AMD will be back, we haven't seen any real Phenoms yet. We haven't seen the higher clocked quad cores or anything else. Don't judge Phenom yet. After all, you can't even compare those two CPUs, they're not in the same price range. Compare the Phenom with an Intel CPU of the same price, like this: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/130484 This is what you get when you spend the same amount of money with Intel. Now the Phenom starts to look better, eh?

hands down Q6600, i got my hands on a G0 stepping Q6600 this past weekend. best clocking chip i've ever played with, within ten minutes of tinkering i got it up to 3.6ghz at 1.375Vcore, we did some orthos runs with it and managed to get a max cpu temp in coretemp of 51 deg on one core, the rest were around 48ish. it's a stable rig and i plan on getting 3.8-3.9 out of it before i'm done with it... however, the Q9450 is coming out in Q1 08, so i'd wait for that for a few bucks more.

I read that the tri-core processors AMD has planned are just quad cores with one of the cores disabled...anyone know anything about that?

I heard that too. you know what that means?? hackers are going to find a way to turn the other core on. or something. and then everyone is going to be buying tri cores and use em as quad.

Agreed.

Just like overclocking a 9500 to 9600 standards, a tri core can be overclocked/upgraded somehow to make it par with a quadcore (unlocking the other core)

man AMD better pull somethin out there ass.. then maybe they'll be on top again... hopefully.. i even ordered an AM2+ 64X2 5600.. and i hope to upgrade to a phenom... and hope its an UPGRADE..

Back
Top Bottom