So this is what I'm getting for Christmas....

an0nym0us1

In Runtime
So, here's the story my dad and I decided that I could choose what I wanted for Christmas this year so long that A) the price was under 1500 and B) it was interest free til 2009. I got on slickdeals and found a decent XPS laptop (M1330, 13.3", T5250, 2gb, 160gb SATA, 8400M GS) for $999. So I go on over to Dell's website and use that as a basis for my build, I added a bigger battery and a T7250 all for $1178 taxed and shipped. I call Dell to make sure that it was interest free til 09 and that my exact configuration was going to be correct. As I was talking to Jeremy (the Dell salesman) he says "oh darn, I can't get this right... let me find a manager to get this straight." I ask him to call me back.

Ten minutes later Jeremy calls me back from Dell saying, "Man, I could only get you ten bucks off of your price and free 2 day shipping," I said, "That's fine..." He cuts me off and goes, "But!" I'm like well wtf.... he goes, "I had to change your configuration in order to get the right price... you'll be getting a T7500, 3gb of RAM, 250gb SATA HD, 8400m GS in an M1330." I thought to myself "holy crap!"

I guess I found the benefit of calling and making sure everything was ok, I couldn't have asked for a better present from my dad or from Dell. So after all this rambling, my question to you guys is will this thing play counter-strike:source well? I know the proc/RAM can manhandle source, but is the graphics chipset up to par? I usually build highly overclocked desktops and I'm not too familiar with laptop performance. TIA for your help.

Nice! The 8400GS isn't a great card, but it should run CS:S fine. It's about comparable to a 7300GT, maybe a little slower.

Oh and one more thing - the sig limit is 5 lines. Thanks.

oh yer, whats the coreclock

T7250 is 2.0ghz/2mb/800fsb
T7500 is 2.2ghz/4mb/800fsb

so as you can see, it's a great improvement over the T7250, 200mhz/2mb of cache. i also got 90 more gb of storage and an extra gb of ram free of charge.

Pretty good, but if you are going to be using for gaming at all, the 8400M GS isn't that good. If I were to get a laptop just to do homework and like that, i Woulda got an eeePC

thats the thing about dell, if you want a good deal you MUST call them, their online is a rip off, my dad got a $1k computer for $500 (my e510) it really pays off to call them, however the only thing i think is good about dell are their laptops...

Back
Top Bottom