hdd space getting drained

ericf19931

Daemon Poster
when i turn on my computer each day, the hdd space always gets 1 or 2 gb less and less each day and whenever i leave my comp there and go do something else, i come back, and a few gigabytes gets drained mysteriously, does anyone know why this is happening?

It could be temporary files, so try running disk cleanup, or it could be your PC automatically creating restore points. There is an option to disable it but I don't recommend you do that.

Check you've emptied your waist bin, do you have Norton? as that has a protected delete bin where is stores your deleted bin files somewhere else and people don't realize until the computers lagging or there hard drives space has reduced dramatically

Run your AV scan to see if you have a security breach, other than that im not sure unless its a problem with your hdd itself.

...unless its a problem with your hdd itself.

This is my assumption as well. You hard drive could have some bad sectors and the OS is mapping them out. I'd run chdsk (or error-checking from the hard drive properties) to see if that's the issue.

Back
Top Bottom