Snow and lightning??

I thought it was that if you get hit you want to have a path to the ground so the electricity can be diverted?

BINGO!!!

That is why one of the safest places to be in lightning is a car, because the tires use the ground as a "ground" (no pun intended) and gets rid of the electricity.

That is so wrong Jervin (IMO)... The tires are rubber so they are a resistor. They don't even conduct electricity. The safest place is a car because the metal frame will absorb the lighting, and none will get into the saloon itself.

Yeah, that's what I thought. So if by some chance a bird got hit (pretty unlikely, but IF) it would be f*cked.

Anyway, I've been in a few storms like that before, and it's crazy. Once the sky was literally like glowing green...

We haven't had a thunderstorm here for a long time. I'm not even sure if we had one during the summer at all or not.

There's only usually 1-3 thunderstorms a year and they always occur between June and September around here..

ya, we are currently under blizzard conditions with thunder and lightning, and its not just one or two, its as common during this blizzard as it usually is during a thunderstorm... i think im gonna stay inside today :) anybody else feeling this central blizzard?
They said how bad it was around Topeka on English television.

No blozzard here :)

I want a blizzard though, sounds quite fun to watch with the lightning and all.

Back
Top Bottom