Make this spam STOP!!!

lhamil64

In Runtime
As the title says, i need this spam to stop!
I have a roadrunner email address, and i don't give it out on websites too often (i can't even find it on Google lol) I for some reason keep getting just random spam that i DID NOT sign up for. This is illegal spam because there is no fake "opt-out" link. The weird thing is though, that it seems to be CC'd to me from different addresses each time. But always the orignal "To:" line contains mgonza@twcny.rr.com

I googled that email address, but no results. I googled "mgonza" and found TONS of hits, so i'm guessing that person signs up on a lot of websites with that email (getting spam). But i don't get how it is being CC'd to me also.

Should i try signing up (not providing ANY information) on a free webmail service and email this address (mgonza@twcny.rr.com) and find out what's going on or what.. I have reported many spam reports to roadrunner and just now one to FTC spam report (spam@ftc.gov) but i really want this to stop. IT IS ANNOYING THE CRAP OUT OF ME!

thanks,
lhamil64

EDIT: I am going to try finding services that i have subscribed with that email and attempt to delete them. I did one just now.

Oh sorry about the sig. Did someone edit it because i now can only count 5 lines.
I have a gmail account, but i like to use my rr email for somewhat personal things (like friend emailing) I use yahoo for signing on on websites. I think i should get an email account that for me is strictly a SPAM account or something.

Probably just your resolution is higher.

The official sig reading resolution is 1280 pixels wide. 5 lines or less.

And GMail is great. Just don't post your e-mail up anywhere and you shouldn't get any spam. but GMail can handle that if you make a mistake and accidentally post it somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom