Gaming shut-downs, PLEASE HELP!

It's kind of puzzling, your cpu temp is OK, your m/board temp is fine (System btw) the gpu is on the higher side at load which makes me wonder about your case fan setup, front and side are intake and rear is exhaust yes?

You really should update your m/board drivers to the latest ones.

Bios isn't that important unless there is an update that addresses a specific problem you're having.

Can you play GoW and alt/tab out of it mid game to get a temp reading (leave your monitoring software open so you can see it as soon as you Alt/Tab.) I want to get a better idea of load temp.

thats weird because his temps are fine, apart from maby the GPU even if it is 71' there designed to go hotter then that. so it carnt be that,

are there any other parts or software malfunctioning

Do you have a feature called "Dynamic Overclock" on?

My MSI board has that feature, and I had it set all the way to 10% Overclock (Basically, when you enter a game that requires more power, the system overclocks itself a certian amount.) I would go into CS:S and it would crash, since the board overclocked itself, causing instability.

Turn down the Dynamic Overclock if it is on. It may be called "Automatic Overclock" Not sure what ASUS would call it, but i'm pretty sure it's there, since their boards do support overclocking.

Okay, I'll play Gears of War with the NVmonitor open and check it. btw, I have XP home edition, I hate Vista. lol. I don't know if the fans are exhaust or what, but the rear one does blow out, opposed to sucking in. Also: I have not applied any overclocking, so I'd assume that everything is still normal, except for the CPU voltage which I changed, and for the most part, have had less problems since. And thanks all you guys! I wanna figure this out, only so much a 17 yr old can do. :p

Why does the voltage being upped make it more stable, if you didn't overclock then you don't need a higher voltage? :confused:

Alright, I checked the heat of my GPU while playing Gears of War. I killed some stuff, got to a checkpoint and everthing, just an average gameplay. Then I alt+tabbed and my GPU tem was 94*C-91*C. I checked it about ten minutes later, while still playing, and the temp was the same. High? Thanks guys!

Why does the voltage being upped make it more stable, if you didn't overclock then you don't need a higher voltage? :confused:

Thats a good question really. It was set on "auto" before, and I think it may have been setting the CPU to higher values than I could select. Now I have it on 1.3v, I think it remains in that area for the most part. I have no clue how to overclock, or what it does really, but I think my PC should be able to handle it. But I only am worried about my present problem.

Back
Top Bottom