Help (pt. 2)

Szat

Daemon Poster
Hey guys,
I finally got my gpu today and installed it. It was the last part I was waiting for before I turned on my pc. The moment of truth arrived and I turned it on, so far so good, everything has power and is running except...BIG PROBLEM! It only stays on for about 15 seconds before it shuts off automatically. Why? Well I have enough time to check the setup and I see that my cpu starts at 36C and climbs rapidly to 65C! I'm using Intel's stock fan because I don't plan on overclocking my cpu. I really need help on this one, because I'm totally baffled. My specs are in my sig. Also my cpu fan is running at 1900 rpm if that helps out.

It could be that you have a defective motherboard, and its juicing your cpu... maybe even a defective CPU.

honestly dude i have no idea
id call up nvidia
cuz i highly doubt its a bad cpu cuz they test them before sending them out

well my mobo is Asus, the chipset is nvidia, so call up Asus? cause I have no idea what is wrong, I wouldn't be posting if I could solve this problem. I asked three of my friends but they have no idea other than that it's defective or getting too much power. I might email my professor for help as well.

Mate, go back and double check the push pins on the cpu heatsink/fan assembly, they're notorious for not locking properly or coming loose, I'd wager that there is there's nothing wrong with your hardware just the heatsink/fan is not seated correctly

Back
Top Bottom