Help Please I Need Help I Dont Kno Anything Bout Comps

1994rm250

Solid State Member
This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.

i got a compaq persario i lik rebooted the computed i need help please it will not let me play music and when i click the music volume that comes up and the control panel says the same .. i called HP and they tryd chargeing me for it after i spent half hour on the fone with some guy.. please some one help me out for some one who knos nuting about comps .. ( i wish i was a computer geek ) ; ) -- thank you angelo

dam its not working for me i tryd on seamonkey and internet explorer : ( mabe copy and past it ? :/

dam its not working for me i tryd on seamonkey and internet explorer : ( mabe copy and past it ? :/

That link is copied and pasted and when i select it, it goes straight to he log in admin page of Microsoft, is you XP/VISTA a legal copy of windows? if it is then you browser is defiantly blocking it or some other program you have, anyway just goto Microsoft home page and go that way.
Hang on which OS are you,using the above link is for XP

no i trynd agen my comp is retarted i ment can u copy and past the directions from the steps on how to fix your comp into a post please ?

Error Message: This Operation Has Been Cancelled Due to Restrictions in Effect on This Computer
View products that this article applies to.
Article ID : 278839
Last Review : March 1, 2007
Revision : 3.4
This article was previously published under Q278839
SYMPTOMS
When you log on and attempt to run a program, you may receive the following message:
This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.
Back to the top

CAUSE
This issue may occur if there is a Group Policy object (GPO) that restricts what programs you can run. Programs can be restricted if either of the following policies in the domain organizational unit group policy or a local computer group policy have been applied: • Do not run specified Windows applications.
• Run only the allowed Windows applications.

Back to the top

RESOLUTION
If you need to run a restricted program, contact your system administrator to modify the GPO.
Back to the top

STATUS
This behavior is by design.
Back to the top

MORE INFORMATION
If you are an administrator, you can verify the policies that are enabled. To do this, click User Configuration, click Administrative Templates, and then click System.
Back to the top

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

APPLIES TO
• Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
• Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
• Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition

Back to the top

Keywords: kbgpo kbprb KB278839

Back to the top

can you type a bit clearer please?
do you know what a dos prompt is? because if you do i might be able to help you.

Back
Top Bottom