whoops, just blew the PSU

A lady at work did the same thing nots so long ago and her computer still works but she has a nice scorched mark on the back of the tower lol so you might get lucky

yay thank u , but would u no if a new psu would be compatile

I take it that you cant read the details on it then as its to badly fried, did you get a motherboard manual or details of the specs of you computer when you bought it as it should tell you the wattage in there, I'm guessing if its old it will be 250 or 300w.

I don't know the brand but it looks OK its 450watts which is allot more than my 300 so I hope its not to much, another member might help you in wattage I hope it doesn't blow something having to much but good luck anyway as it looks a good deal.

thanks for ur help anyways, i duno anything about wattage , hence y i flipped that switch

on the back of my old computer under the cable that goes into the PSU there is a little red switch .i didnt no what it was so i swichted it to the other setting the BOOOM the psu exploded, and smoke came out of my computer, would that have effected the other parts in the computer or just the psu.

are psu's ment to be destoryed that easly

a world full of curiosity. =)

I did that a while ago.
flipped it then flipped it back.
plug in pwrcable.
FIZZZZZZZCRAAACKZAP. me "omgwtfdoidonow"

Back
Top Bottom