CPU Fan Failed

Pcolangelo

Beta member
- I just recently installed RAM into my HP Pavilion 764n computer which is running Windows XP Home SP2. After installing the ram I booted up my computer and received a CPU Fan Failed message with the 5 seconds until shutdown or hit F2 to continue booting error message. The problem is my fan is working perfectly, there is however a new noise that is not associated with the CPU fan. Any ideas?

- I just downloaded SpeedFan and it tells me temp 2 is a little hot, but I can hear the fan turn on when it reaches around 60C and it cools it to about 50C.

chech incase your BIOS setting is set to have a warning if fan speed or cpu gets to a certain temp.

There are no settings in BIOS that indicate whether or not there is a temp. limit that would trigger a message. The only information I saw regarding the Fan was its speed. It said the CPU fan was rotating at a rate of 0 RPM, which is false cause I can see the fans moving when I look at the back.

well either the wire going into the fan that sends the fan speed is not making contact, or something went out with the board. If you have a warranty you may want to take it in.

Back
Top Bottom