whoops, just blew the PSU

Bobert93

Fully Optimized
on the back of my old computer under the cable that goes into the PSU there is a little red switch .i didnt no what it was so i swichted it to the other setting the BOOOM the psu exploded, and smoke came out of my computer, would that have effected the other parts in the computer or just the psu.

are psu's ment to be destoryed that easly

lmao you changed the input voltage between 240v and 110v (whichever you use) which is the best and fastest way ever to f**k up a PSU

there should have been a sticker or something covering the switch to make it a bit harder to change it.

ROFL! Im Sorry,but that is quite funny.......

You motherboard might have fried along with it,im not sure about other parts.And no,PSU's arent meant to be destroyed that easiyl,unless you flip that switch.....

should never touch anything if you dont know what it does :)

lets hope someone learns from this....

well i learnt my lesson

because it blew, would it have fried every thing else in there or will it be ok if i go buy another psu

its an old computer so will all the connections be the same if i buy a cheap psu of umart

do u want me to post some pics

just to be safe, try and get a new PSU that has a 20+4 motherboard power connector just to be sure. Whats the spec of the computer at the moment?

and yes, pics would help if its convinient

ok ill go take some

there are 3 lots of cables

got 3 of these all attached.

got one of these ,with 2 of the connections above

and one of these

Back
Top Bottom