Can you use notebook psu on desktop computer

Not enough power. Notebook components are designed to run at far lower wattage than your run-of-the-mill desktop components.

Hey Guys
I just want to know if I can use notebook psu on desktop computer or not?

Nope for the reasons stated above. Different connectors, different power requirements, etc. As well as most notebook adapters are 16-20 volts whereas desktops require 12V, 5V and 3.3V.

Well, if I read that right (what your asking that is) you cant use an ITX power supply in an ATX case? Because it simply wont fit (might be able to squeeze it somehwere if the case is big enough - and you definetly couldnt use an ATX power supply in and ITX-Type case.

I want to use ITX psu in my ATX to save some [FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]electricity because I run a 24/7 linux router and a webserver.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

I want to use ITX psu in my ATX to save some [FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]electricity because I run a 24/7 linux router and a webserver.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

This won't save you power, if you want to save power just get high efficency PSU's.

a 200W 80% efficiency PSU would still use the same amount of power as a 1000W 80% efficiency PSU.

Back
Top Bottom