Highschool Question =/

My grades have always sucked. I have a year and a half left of highschool. Is this enough time to get good enough grades to go to college or do I fail at life? just wondering

depends how bad
to get into a good collage u want around an 88 overall average

yea sure. show enuff improvement and u will succeed. work much harder, show the teachers u are responsibel, and at least boost ur average to 85. everybody can get into college with money.

lol good college is more like 95 avg.

i would try the hardest you can, and im in pretty much that same situation, but i have had A+ classes and programming class that i have always got A's in so that helps a bit

but if you dont get into college dont worry there are technical schools out there, that you can go to and then transfer up to a normal college
that is what i mite do if i dont get into any colleges

i would try the hardest you can, and im in pretty much that same situation, but i have had A+ classes and programming class that i have always got A's in so that helps a bit

but if you dont get into college dont worry there are technical schools out there, that you can go to and then transfer up to a normal college
that is what i mite do if i dont get into any colleges
thanks for the adivce. yeah thats probably what will happen. did you take the ACT yet?

You can find out a lot of requirements for college yourself. Just look on websites such as:

www.collegeview.com
www.princetonreview.com
www.collegeboard.com

I am doing a college report for one of my high school classes now. All of these sites list grade requirements, course requirements, ACT/SAT requirements, everything you need to know. When you find out what is needed for what college you wish to attend, don't go for the bare minimum. Try to do you best. Study your brains out whenever possible, do all your homework, and if you don't understand your required material, don't be afraid to ask the teacher or other students who understand it.

I think you have enough time to correct your mistakes. I myself have a year and a half left in high school, but I have made up my mind about the future. Don't give up, just believe in yourself and you can do it.

Alright, look at it this way:

You will be applying to colleges after your first trimester/semester of high school, senior year.

The first thing that the colleges are gonna look at is your first trimester/semester. If you get DAMN good grades and I am talking 4.0 then the schools will be impressed. Then they will go backwards chronologically. So in theory you only have about 3/4 -1 years left. They don't really look at the last part of high school.

So if you want to get into a good one, you better start studying pretty intensely.

Try as hard as you can. What is your current GPA? if you want to share.

Having good grades is important, but the school also makes a difference. I am easily holding a 4.4/4.0 GPA at my school, but our average ACT scores are not the best, and our average grades are not the best. So that is a significant disadvantage to me when colleges start looking at me. We have a lot of Spanish speakers in our school tho. Like a lot.

Back
Top Bottom