New computer, not turning on

count the risers/standoffs (you did use them right?) make sure they are positioned correctly and the correct quantity.

Count out the same number of screws, seat the m/board in the case, screw down, if you have any extra screws left you have a riser/standoff in the wrong place.

Turns on works wonderfully, only problem is now it says my video card(7600GT) is not compatible with the motherboard, and the motherboard says nothing about being compatible with certain video cards

any suggestions?

no double post please edit post
and no dont worry your boards compatible
it doesnt have onboard video does it?
if it does that needs to be shut off

Sorry bout the doube post
So how do I shut off the onboard video card if there is one?
I'm new at this whole thing.

That really helps lift a knot outta my chest, I was worried I dropped $200 down for nothing.

Thanks for the help

If there is an onboard video card you can turn it off in the bios. Your manual should tell you how to access your bios, but usually when your computer is just beginning to boot up it's one of the 'f' buttons. For me it is 'f10'. But if your not sure just spam all the 'f' buttons until the bios comes up.

Your bios will probably call it a 'GFX Controller' or 'Graphics Controller' or it might actually refer to it as a video card. Look for that setting and hit enter once it is selected. A menu will pop up and you should be able to select the onboard controller or something else. Just deselect the onboard controller.

Ok, thanks, and then should the computer read that I've got my 7600GT in there, and I'll be able to download the drivers from my CD?

Back
Top Bottom