New computer, not turning on

athleticboy17

Baseband Member
So I just built my new computer, and on first start up, all I get is flickering of the LED's on the case and the fan to do a few rotations and then it stops, but a few seconds later comes on again. After plugging everything in, I? stupidly connected a wrong wire and fried part of a wire to the PSU. I'm almost certain I've got everything plugged in right now, but it's doing the same flickering thing, but doesn't stay on constant.

Is my PSU dead, or what?

Thank you for the help in advance

hmmm thats a hard one
could be u have your reset button and start button crossed?
cpu over heating maybe?
doubt your psu is dead
what are your full specs?

Ok, pull the mobo out and try turning it on then. Lay it on a static free surface, the box the mobo came in should work fine. You could be shorting out the mobo against your case. If it works after you pull it out, make sure you used the riser screws that came with it. If it doesn't work, try a different PSU if you can.

Give us your systems specs so we can help more.

These are my specs:

Processor- Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

Power Supply- Rosewill 600W/ ATX12V

Motherboard- ABIT 1P35 Pro LGA 775 Intel P35

RAM- G. Skill 2GB DDR2

HDD- Western Digital 500GB Sata 3.0 GB/s

I know the CPU isn't overheating. Ummm....I could have the reset and power button crossed, but I'm new with this(as you can tell by the fried wire). So, how would I find which is the power and reset?

look on your motherboard manual and then look at your case manual to make sure the fires are correct
also like flight sim said u could be shorting your board
make sure the rise screws are in and no m/b on case contact

Ok, well the power and reset aren't switched, I know that now. I even took out the processor, and it's still having the same problem. I'm going to remove my motherboard and try it again.

Probably fried PSU. Check that the power cable is in snug? Change the power cable? That happened to me and the cable inner wires were lose and after taking apart the whole PC I figured out that it was just the power cable.

Back
Top Bottom