Where do you work?

I'm one of under 20 people in the state of Rhode Island that is certified by Harley-Davidson to work on their motorcycles, but I havn't wrenched in months, I basically just float between departments helping whoever needs help. I can't stand it, and the pay sucks big time.

I don't have a steady job/pay check...I do a lot of odd jobs. I mostly work on my family's 400 acre cattle farm, in my spare time I'll do work on neighboring farms helping work/vaccinate cattle, harvest crops, build/repair fence and other odd farm jobs. Sometimes I'll also help my dad with his job as a Forester, I'll help him with things like marking timber for loggers to cut, performing prescribed burns for landowners and cruising timber to help determine the land/timber value. I've even worked in sawmills a little bit:p I've also had a little experience in the construction business building/repairing barns and insulating/hanging sheet rock in houses. I also dabble as a mechanic working on farm equipment and other odd machines. I also work as a Volunteer Fireman but obviously volunteer positions don't pay but it has given me good experience and one day I hope to work as a paid fireman.

I work for my parents at "Nate's Surplus". I'm on payroll just like the other employees and have to do the same stuff they do.

little caesars

I've known several people that worked there and said it was terrible...

I work at Whataburger. I don't like it mostly because of the people that work there. I hate the job as well, but I could live with it a lot better if there was normal people that could actually get work done right instead of just standing around... There's no PC shops close enough to where I live. The closest thing is a gas station about 5 miles away... If I'm ever fired or quit that's where I will go first. Much easier on gas as I drive to school 30 minutes in 1 direction, and work is 30 minutes from my house the other direction... The pay of Whataburger starting out is $7, I just got a 35 cent raise after 6 months... It's above min wage at least.

Minimum wage in Santa Fe, New Mexico is $9.50. I'm moving there :p

I get paid $7.15, I teach kids how to swim...

Minimum wage in Santa Fe, New Mexico is $9.50. I'm moving there :p

I get paid $7.15, I teach kids how to swim...
Then why do the people come here? If they can make more there? Soon the americans will become illegal immigrants and try to cross over, but trying to get to their side :)

Back
Top Bottom