Free trial doesn't let me re-install and use agian, Great idea, Bad for me.

NEED WOW NOW

Daemon Poster
Well I have been using this thing called PKZIP for my zip files and I really started to like it. So when the day came that the free trial ended, I thought, just re-install and it would be fine. Well I was wrong, with this it actually knows that you used the free trial before and there for it said for me:

"Thank you for downloading PKZIP!

You have 0 days remaining in your 30-day evaluation.

To purchase PKZIP, select I want to purchase this product now.
If you already have a license key, select Enter my License Key.
To continue using the evaluation version, select Remind me Later."

So now I can't use this anymore, and I love it so much with the ability to encode files and the different compression methods it can use.

So I am wondering, is there any other program just like it where its free?

And to try it out for yourself here the link:
http://nct.digitalriver.com/fulfill/0018.042#download

Thanks,
Need WoW Now

I just downloaded that but there's one little problem:
The items that I have "Password Protected" I can't open.

Tried finding a torrent and there's actually none, and would it be save to go searching for the registry and deleting that, I no if its the wrong one I can easy screw up the computer but I really like this thing.

As for the password protection, PKZIP might use a different algorithm or filetype than WinRAR? Not sure, I've never even heard of PKZIP before.

It drops a file in the registry to prevent reinstalling it... It'd be pointless to make a 30 day trial if you could just reinstall the program for it to work again. I did find one trial that did work after a reinstall though :p

Well I got it, I put random numbers and letters for the key code and I actually got it. ^.^

That never works for me and it actually did this time. :p

Also you guys should try PKZIP, its preatty good, and I like the Interface better then WinRar.

Ive never used PKZIP but WinRar Is the most common used Ive been using it for years I would say go with that, it has a scan engine on it to look for corrupt files and fix them as well so its a very handy program and easy to get it free if you look hard enough.

Winrar is the best freeware zipping tool. Why did you password protect some zips if you knew the trial was going to run out?

Back
Top Bottom