Sprint Upstage

Juice1

Fully Optimized
Hey if anyone on here knows anything about the plans and how to activate/deactivate a sprint phone, I have a Samsung Upstage that I want to use and I know absolutely nothing. I only know about simcard type phones... Not sure if sprint uses simcards but how would I activate it?

Please talk to me on aim if you can help

JuiceRanch

You'll most likely have to go to the store to get them to activate it.

Sprint uses a CDMA network. Meaning no hot swappable SIM cards like with AT&T/Cingular (they use a GSM network). The phone will basically have to be programmed with a bunch of special codes to be configured to be used properly.

And you can only use Sprint phones on the Sprint network as of now...but I think that one is a Sprint phone.

You can activate them by calling through your home phone or whatever other phone you have, then they will help you activate it and it will be working within 5 minutes. Just try and call someone with the phone it will probably say its not activated blah blah blah, call this number to activate it.

OK Cool.

If someone could tell me why there is a battery pack on the back of the phone cover/case? Is there no internal battery? Or is this an extra battery

Is the phone unlocked though? It's a pretty tedious process to unlock a CDMA phone...sometimes it's not even possible to do without a store rep.

If that's the phone I'm thinking of, I'm pretty sure that's just a battery pack.

It's the double sided phone

Can I just use a calling card or something?

There is an internal battery, but it doesn't last very long so they include that which adds a couple hours of talk/listening time.

Does it take a while to charge? When I try to turn it on it only stay for a couple seconds then dies. Been charging 10 minutes at least

Back
Top Bottom