who wants a nuke? toshiba is going to make that dream come true

it wont happen...simple as that :)

They might make one work, but in the next century they wont sell them. Maybe not because they dont want to, but because they couldnt.

i agree but y do u think they couldnt?
i think we should build about 20 big nuke power plants in the middle of the desert that would be enough to power the whole western side of the country
then make cars electric (with a 5 gallon gas tank for back up encase your battery goes dead) so you just plug your car in
for big citys on the cost tidal energy wind farms solar power ect
for the plains big solar farms built around crops would work nicely

A personal nuclear reactor is not that dangerous, they can make them so that you can not use the fuel for nuclear weapons.

Well...it's possible I guess, they do work with nuclear power:
http://www.toshiba.co.jp/nuclearenergy/english/index.htm

Really though, if they engineer it properly, there should be no risk of an accident. The only times when there have been nuclear reactor accidents were when people didn't do their jobs right. If they replace those people with machines / mechanisms that are failproof, then it should be fine...

The real question is, how possible is it for someone to be able to convert this into a weapon?

yeah, but what happens 50+ years after theyve come out for sale, and reached the end of their live's?

Your going to have tonnes of radioactive waste to get rid of, and then you have big problems

well, it could always be used to make a "dirty-bomb" were its not a neuclear explosion, but the radioactive waste is put with the explosives and it gets spread around as fallout and carried by wind etc.

well, it could always be used to make a "dirty-bomb" were its not a neuclear explosion, but the radioactive waste is put with the explosives and it gets spread around as fallout and carried by wind etc.

Once again, this doesn't work will ALL nuclear fuels.

this may sound a little ridiculous but
how about launching it into space
would be cheaper then disposing of it other ways...
we could aim it into dark space or the sun (idk if that would be a good idea tho cuz the sun is one big nuke reactor)

Back
Top Bottom