Stupid Work

ssc456

Fully Optimized
right,

im really pissed off at the moment.

for the past week i have been listening to calls at a call centre because i am waiting to be trained properly, monday i get trained and told yes you can now have your own phone and start taking calls,

tuesday i get told my username and password isnt set up so i cant do it on my own so im still listening to calls,

today i get told it could be 3 more weeks before i get to take calls,

so i start getting bored and chatting with my mates who are on a break and im ment to be listening to calls, this afternoon the manager comes to me and says scott can i have a word, we go into his office and he tells me some people have complained that im not doing any work, so i say thats because i cant and i said to be quiet honest i have been listening to calls for nearly 2 weeks now and its getting really boring, he then says that if i dont sit there and just listen to calls he will take further action,

now is it just me or should the company get there ass into gear and get me a fucking username, the calls are brainless so its not lie they are interesting to listen to and he is moaning at me saying we are paying you to do a job, DO IT. and its just really pissing me off mainly that some1 who i obviously assumed was a work mate of mine has gone grassed me up to a manager,

and i just thought id share my moaning with you guys im sure you will share my views that its not my fault the company is really slow and doesnt know how to set things up in time for their employers,

worst thing is i have to work xmas eve just sitting there listening to calls and its really pissing me off !

sorry if i have wasted your time but im angry and need to do something and as ive got no money to go get drink im gonna take a nice long bath and try to relax because the last thing i want to do is take it out on some1 innocent,

thanks for reading

wow that sucks.
i dont see what you can do apart from complain to the manager, which seems to be useless. id give it a bit more time and then decide what to do next.

It isn't professional that they haven't done what their supposed to, BUT, I can understand the manager's view on you not doing assigned work.

I've been in management before, and I'll soon be taking a management position over at Geeksquad as well. While it wasn't the best on his part to not put priority into setting you up for work, everyone has an assigned job at their place of work.

Some people have easier work, some have more fun work, ect.. but everyone needs to do it. If someone oversaw you not doing the work your assigned, and felt they were busting their arse, while you were getting paid to chat.. I could understand their view. I would've gone about it differently, and talked to you personally first, rather than going to a manager though. Perhaps they didn't feel comfortable doing that.. but eh.

If you really dislike the job and the management, try to find a new one and then you can leave the job.. having issues early on is a sign that your going to dislike your job, and when you dislike your job, your performance will slack because you don't care.

well i get on with the manager there he is usually alright as i sed he is just doing his job im just annoyed at my "work mate(S)" for grassing on me,

the manager is fine and i enjoy the job when i have my phone,

i was moved from 1 department to another so i know i like the job and i guess i will just have to suck it up and sit there bored Sh**less until they sort it out,

Approach your manager and ask for a quick word and explain the situation and that you feel you are more than ready to start taking calls. He will be impressed with your motiviation and it will probably get things moving quicker

he then says that if i dont sit there and just listen to calls he will take further action

I can see this being a problem. If your supposed to be listening to calls and wander off that may piss him off.

he is moaning at me saying we are paying you to do a job, DO IT

Response should be: I sure would like to but how am I supposed to log on. I've been waiting 2 weeks on a username.

Just kickback and relax man. Your getting paid to watch someone else work. I used to work in a Outgoing Call Center several years back. I trained alot of people myself and found it kind of fun. A good one when talking to someone on the phone play the Super Trooper Game. See how many times you can sneek in a Meow while your talking to them. Or do Impressions over the phone. They can't see what you look like I used to have so much fun doing that. I hope they didn't stick you with some up tight jerk off that can't have fun and takes the job way to seriously! Sure it sucks sitting on the phone talking to someone but you gotta make some fun out of it. I hope you have some type of internet/email to keep you busy while saying the same things over and over again.

Enjoy the perks that a job like that offers. Use the down time to meat some of the College girls. Damn thats the only thing I miss about working at one. Its like a club without the music.

What type of Call center is it?

well thanks for all your advice, i spoke to my manager and told him that i am more than ready to take calls unfortunately he said there is nothing he can do to speed up the process ??

another thing that might annoy me this week, im scheduled for xmas eve and i asked for it off as holiday, i got told they had their maximum number of people they are allowed off so i was like ok fair enough if im scheduled to work it then thats ok, i was then explained tha if the phone lines are quiet then i should be allowed to go home early, (very reasonable of them). i then started thinking if im not gonna be on the phones then it wont affect me if its busy or not ??

so im gonna ask today if im not on the phones by xmas eve can i have the day off seeing as im not gonna be helping at all ?

and im not sure there gonna be happy bout it but i think im being reasonable, they said the only reason i cant have it off is because they need people in to take calls, IM NOT TAKING CALLS lol so cross fingers.

Back
Top Bottom