Build threads

Right... Because I have the oh so top of the line Pentium 4, 3.0ghz, lol.

My incredible 1gb ram, and the ultra 7600gt.

Don't hate because people are building themselves a new system. What did you spend on your computer when you got it around 1K? Look what you can get for 1K these days. Its not like people are spending ungodly amounts to get a quad core, 4gigs of memory and a good GPU etc.

BTW my TV still has a higher resolution than my computer. TV 1920X1080 and my computer is 1680X1050.

If it really depresses you to see what other people are buying and own maybe you should not be on a computer forum. As thats the nature of a computer forum to talk about your latest hardware and help people with new builds etc. And with todays prices and how tech moves it should be pretty obvious there going to get better components then what you had in your system. Don't think i'm putting your system down i'm sure when you bought it, it was a excellent system.

My system here used to be one of the best on the forum but now by comparison its mediocre at best. It does what I need it to for now when I need more i'll upgrade.

are you jealous because people have better systems? i use to have a much crappier system than you, i didnt complain. now i worked my ass for several months and bought my computer. im about to upgrade it with more money i earned to.

dont complain about people having good PC's dude, we didnt just get them, we earned them

I was being sarcastic (I know its hard to do online, but w/e) I'm jealous of them having a really nice comp, but mine is good enough for me, and I have other stuff I'm spending money on instead of my comp. I"m sure I could own all of their comps if I wanted, but when it comes down to it, Drum Heads> New Computer.

Anyone else sick of all the, 'OMG LOOK AT MY NEW UBER 1337 BUILD!'

It seems like all these people are running some crazy setup of 3gb+ ram, a quad core processor, and two 8800gtx's in SLI. Not to mention a monitor that runs at higher resolution then the hubble telescope. And some crazy state of the art water cooling system to make everything run at absolute zero.

It's just depressing. I mean, I don't think my computer is bad. It gets the job done. As long as I clean sweep windows every year, and keep it virus free, it runs decently. It plays Source, Bioshock, BF2, and all my games. I get by doing my photoshop for work on it when I need to. But I can't help but be jealous of these people with these crazy setups.

It seems like every day I logon theres some new person out there with a computer whos video card has more memory then my entire system.

[/rant]

personally i see nothing wrong with people saying look i have a quad core and 4 GB RAM there just increasing the size of their virtual penis,

Do you know how much work goes into our computers? From saving up for them to fixing them up, we spend probably HUNDREDS of hours on them. I think we deserve ONE little thread to talk (or brag, if that's how you are) about them.

I'm currently trying to put myself through college, so the luxury of a nice new computer is out of the question. I put $10 in a jar every week though; which is usually what I have left after I split my paycheck up for tuition, food, gas, room and board, and 'beverages.' It's my splurge jar. After awhile I see what I have and buy something cool, just for me, and just for fun. Right now its all going towards a computer.

Also, think about it. i might not be the most active member in the world. But i've been a member here for over 3 years. You have no idea how many super-rigs i've seen posted here over the years.

The point of this thread is pretty much how freestlyer puts it. I spend about 4 hours in my dorm every day not including sleep, most if not all of which I am sitting in front of my computer during. I fiddle with it, overclock it, rearrange the wires to get .5 degrees celsius cooler, and trying to learn more about computers, and what not.

And since one of my jobs is a graphic designer, (photoshop and 3d modeling), at a local company, and working IT for a corporation called TEREX, it's kind of funny I don't have a better computer. But i'm saving up, penny by penny, so I can be one of those people I'm jealous of right now :p. Brag all you want, but in a couple of months, we'll see whos got the best rig. (Ok maybe not the best, but I already have my dream rig all picked out; even though it'll probably be outdated by the time it comes to buy it).

TEREX, we have them over here, big coal mining industry here in Queensland.

You'll get there mate, you've got the right attitude.

Don't worry about being outdated, my GTS is now out dated, my Q6600 is about to become outdated with the release of the 45nm chips.

Look at it this way, buying one (or two) steps back from the latest and greatest is always cheaper ;)

Back
Top Bottom