Help!

Alrighty, I installed all the hardware and plugged in all the wires. I'm just waiting for newegg to put the 8800gt in stock (which should be tonight) and then I should be good to go! It's going to be a killer waiting for the moment of truth when I finally turn this baby on! By the way, I don't plan on overclocking the cpu for a long time so I just used intel's stock fan, should I be alright? I did order the Zalman 9700nt, but I was afraid it wouldn't fit in the case; and it would be a pain in the ass to install it now.

By the way, I don't plan on overclocking the cpu for a long time so I just used intel's stock fan, should I be alright? I did order the Zalman 9700nt, but I was afraid it wouldn't fit in the case; and it would be a pain in the ass to install it now.
Stock cooler will be fine, you should even be able to oc to 2.8-3.0GHz on it if your case airflow is OK

The Zalman isn't that hard to install with the m/board in the case when you lie the case on its side, though I'm not too sure of your board layout, I'd have to check a pic. Start the rear screw first that way you have plenty of room to start the front screw which will require more pressure to get the threads to engage.

nice, I'll have to monitor the temps when I get it running.
Which os are you going to run??

Cool, 32 or 64bit???

I ask because the latest release of CoreTemp won't work under vista 64bit and it is the most accurate no fuss temp monitoring tool for Q6600

I'm really not sure which version I have, because a professor burned me the dvd. I'm assuming I have the 32bit though.

Back
Top Bottom