Q6600 Overclocking.

Scalco

Solid State Member
I'm really sorry if a thread like this has already been posted. But I have some questions.

I got an early Xmas presant.

QQ600.
Water cooling.
4Gig ram 800mhz ea.
320GB HD.
Dp965LT Motherboard.

Now, I was wondering how high I could OC this w/o any problems.
Right now (stock settings) my processor temp is -68 C (been running about 45 minutes.) And motherboard temp is 34 C.

And, I was also wondering if I should use the BIOS or a program to OC with.

Thanks guys.

thats kinda high temp for water cooling... i would get a better CPU water block... what water cooling system do u got?... cuz i know u dont mean NEGATIVE 68... cuz thats crazy, if so show a screeny

From my prior temp readings saying 9C i was reffered to use Coretemp
just google it and run it for more accurate temps

Speed fan says 9-10 ea core.
Core temp says 24-26 ea core.

That sounds more accurate.

I like oc in bios better. You will have to mess around with it to see how far you can go. All cpu's oc differently.

My Q6600:
I changed my cpu multiplier to 8 instead of 9
then set my FSB to 1400
kept my ram at 800MHz stock
save and exit
I didn't even have to touch the voltages :p
Ran the newest Prime95 which uses all 4 cores, and stressed my system for about 4hrs, it was stable so I was good to go.

Try to keep your ram at a 1:1 ratio, you will recieve a higher oc and less stability issues if you do. For instance if your fsb was at 1600, 800mhz for ram would be 1:1 ratio and etc.

Wish you good luck, and happy oc :)

well it all depends on your motherboard, i wouldnt exceed 60c when your oc'ing and at full usage, but it just depends on your voltage and how stable your motherboard is, just make sure to take it slow and dont make huge leaps and bounds while oc'ing, if you get to a point after increasing the FSB and frequency where it wont boot, try turning up the core just a tiny bit and see if that makes it stable again, then keep doing so until you either reach a temp. problem or a stability problem, also make sure you get a good burn in program to make sure your thermal paste is properly burnt in and just to check for all around stability... although im not sure why you would want to oc a quad core, but w/e, good luck!

Back
Top Bottom