q6600 low temperature?

Yeah so i dont know.
I have seen videos of s program that lets you OC it while your comp is on i just never found out the name of it ?

Those won't be any good, trust me.
The BIOS is the only real way to overclock.

Your best off doing some research, because when it comes to the FSB rated as that, I'm afraid I'd be no help :(

I'm sure people will be able to help.

I'm going to move this thread so more people view it.

dont worry about frying
intel cpus shut down if the temps hits 80
id go for 3 ghz right now

and when u get a new cpu cooler got for 3.4

Don't judge how far you can overclock just by looking at the speed. Look at the temperatures you get before and after overclocking. Raising Vcore will raise the CPU temperature, but will be necessary after a certain point, which I can't say since each individual motherboard, CPU, and RAM will overclock differently.

Also, 80 degrees Celsius is really high, especially for 24/7 use. I would try to keep it under 65 full load at the most.

Yeah, it will shut itself down if it really gets to that point. That would be a pretty bad mistake to make a Vcore jump that big lol.

1. Don't use speedfan to read your temps. Download CoreTemp, it reads the thermal diode from each core off the die.

2. That temp is inaccurate as it is impossible for your processor to operate below ambient temperature.

3. Don't judge whether or not you can overclock your proc on those readings because they are obviously incorrect.

Back
Top Bottom