Wierd monitor or cable or other problem

superman22x

Golden Master
Well, I am having a problem with artifacts, but it's not because of overheating. And its not because of a bad graphics card. And its not a software problem. I think it is the DVI port on my monitor. But it could be a cable, even tho I tried 2 different ones... I have also tried different drivers. So I am planning on buying a new GFX card anyway. And a new DVI cable when I buy the 8800gt. Maybe it will solve the problem. I doubt it but maybe. I am going to try and buy a fancier cable, a gold plated one maybe it will help. Does dual-link DVI make a difference too?

And, could overheating RAM cause artifacts by any chance? When I do a print screen the artifacts arent there, and when I use my other monitor they arent there either... But when I used a new cable they were gone for a couple weeks, than they came back. I really dont want to have to RMA my monitor. Than I have to use my shitty one for a while, lol.

Yeah, I am buying a new card and cable soon. My current cable is just borrowed from work. And VGA, I dont like it, everything seems lighter or something.

Back
Top Bottom