What Vid Card to get?

Bob94571

In Runtime
Ok guys,
So my 7900GT is going downhill. I have heard that they go bad pretty quick and it wasn't a very well made card. I haven't really kept up to date on hardware since I built this comp, so I dont really know whats good or whats got probs and whatever. Anyways, I need to get a new card. I want the same performance, if not better. But I want it relatively cheap. I was checking newegg and saw an 8600GTS for $120USD, What would the performance in that compared to my 7900GT? Any other suggestions would be nice, I would like to try and keep it under $150... but I'll spend up to $200.

Thanks guys

Battlefield 2, Counter Strike:Source, Call of Duty 4, Team Fortress 2, Half Life Series. Stuff like that

The GTS is a little more then 120, at best online 140 average 160 or more for a good brand evga gfg xfx.
I have an 8600 GT 512 which run cheaper now almost 105$ on som places online and i play
COD4, Crysis, WOW CSS HL2
All at nice resolutions with good FPS, minus crysis on medium/lower setting and res.

I would say the 8600 would fit your needs well.

I assume you have a PCI-E x16 slot, and at least a 450 Watt PSU. If so, get the card, it has a lot of bang for your buck.

Of course, if you had the money and the system, you could get a 8800GT. :) :)

Back
Top Bottom