.org or .com?

Berry05

BSOD
I'm trying to make a simple forum..and I'm looking at sites and they all say .org!
why? mostly like all forums have a .org at the end!
Is it like something that all forums must have to look good or is it just that they all choose .org?

which one is better
.org or .com for a forum site?

.org, .com, .net is totally up to the webmaster. Primarily .com was used for companies, and major corporations. .org was used for charity and non-profit organizations. The third is .net. This was used by technology companies. Since the www has become so huge the line between the three has blurred a lot.

I think that most of the forums are .org is because they are websites set up by a group of people that don't have reason to profit from the site. I could be totally wrong on this but that is my thinking.

Cheers!

Many forums are also .org because the domain with .com, or .net has already been taken. So its up to you. If you can I would go with .com just because its the most well known out there. You say website people automatically associate ".com" with it.

Many forums are also .org because the domain with .com, or .net has already been taken. So its up to you. If you can I would go with .com just because its the most well known out there. You say website people automatically associate ".com" with it.

yes that is true! mostly people usually know .com the most...
Thxs, I will go with the .com
;)
thxs guys!

I would go with .com mostly because, as hascet said, it's what more casual internet users associate the internet with.

one can only guess, i was wondering how long he would last until he was banned, but i think this is enough talk for this thread, maybe lock it up mod's

Back
Top Bottom