Whats Wrong With Psu?!?!?!

ace777

Fully Optimized
:confused: :confused: :confused: I jsut bought a new PSU from frys, its the kind where you can "customize" the wires ie. you only need one peripheral only insert on of those into the PSU where there are 2 slots for them. anyway i get the new PSU in and turn it on..... nothing, i don't think i bl;ew it up because there is no sizzling, and so i figured hey, i may have knocked something lose, so i reseat RAm and video card. then i test again I hear the HD runnint the fans are all running whats going on here?

and if it might be a noob mistake please post it im am really tired and may have forgotten to do the obvious....

-thanks
ace777

also here is a rondom question, I bought an OS off a friend and i went to his house and i think he has it on his computer ( he said he didn't) if i log into the internet and I currently have the Os key and all ( not recipt) am i doing anything illegal.. I don't want to be in trouble and out some money....

I checked the manual and there is nothing in it! I was shocked and then it says simply connect wires and turn on.... thats it. ( but thanks for responding)

are the fans on your CPU working, i

f so maybe there is something wrong with your graphics card... does it need external power i know some cards need that, also maybe the connection to the monitor is not plugged in all the way

all fans are running however it sounds like on has something just slightly rubbing up against it( cable, bad bearing) but not like its sizzling. Ill try and reseat my gfx card and firmly reseat card.

-thanks

ok my PSU had 20 + 4 pin connecter and another 12v railing, i only put in the 20 pin part and the 12v railing and forgot to put the 4 piece in, i put the old PSU in and now nothing works, how can i tell if its blown and what parts can i keep out of this if it is blown.

Depending on your system, you should have plugs that look like this:

IMG_0805.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

i have the first with an extra 4 pin part (2 of them on beside the 20 and another on it own) but not the second. I pulled the mobo out and there are not any singe marks any where its like it used to be only Im not getting any display..... it says "warning only for 24 pin " and I only plugged in the 20 part on accident could that have been what fried it?

thanks

Back
Top Bottom