DirectX 9 vs. DirectX 10

WiiManDustin

Baseband Member
Game: Hellgate London
Why is it I can run 9, with everything turned on and on highest setting, but when I go to 10 it has huge issues running with everything low?

To put it simply, Laptops are not meant to preform at the levels of desktops. That's almost expected that it would be bad on a game as high-end as Hellgate.

because right now DX10 games have terrible performance. i really wouldnt bother with DX10 right now, it doesnt have too many visual improvements and it really drops your frames. even in vista i still run in DX9 just because i have a more comfortable FPS in COH.

there isnt a big visual improvement anyways, no biggie. it isnt your hardware or anything like that or drivers issue, its just the fact that DX10 isnt very efficent

ya, stick with DX9 for a while until they get it efficient as rud said, thats why im upgrading my agp system so i can hang onto my 7800 for a bit longer, its a great card and handles everything i throw at it with maxed settings and coupled with a faster processor and ddr2 im expecting a bit more from it for a while longer, but i'd say stick with dx9 for now, they have a long way's to go before dx10 is considered main stream...

I believe even though it looks like its running at 30fps or something in that video, when recording, it was running at less than 5fps, and then composited together and made to run at the right speed.
It'd be impossible for hardware to handle in that real time at 30fps at the moment.
I've seen a video just like it that explains how they captured it.

btw they added new features to Directx10, when they released dx10.1.

The 8000's cards cant run all of dx10...

But the 9000's series will.

Back
Top Bottom