Rep Should Leave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why are you complaining about it in the first place.

We argued for it to stay and now we have to deal with it. So deal with it.

rep never meant anything to me in the first place, I think it is totally pointless.

The rep that really matters doesn't count.

repms7.jpg

:)

EDIT:

A question for the mods, can you view all of someones rep??

Well how about restricting reputation to only the 'Technical' and 'General Computer Hardware And Software' forums and then a few others but definitely not the Social Lounge. Then maybe only those who have posted in a particular thread can contribute reputation to the members involved. I think new members don't give reputation simply because they're not aware of the system, it needs to be mentioned.

We have been down this road before and it was agreed to keep it, so why is it coming back up again? at the end of the day it is up to the member to use common sense when giving out rep having said that who or what he gives it for is at his discretion. if you don't like the rep system then don't use it.

Leave it in or take it out, which ever it is people will always have different opinions and disagree over it. Personally I don't have anything against it, and it wouldn't worry me if it wasn't there either.

i think i voted for it to leave when david made the poll.

and half the people voted to keep it. Like I said in my first post, and blackjack said in his, If you don't like it, don't use it. It's that easy. Don't ruin it for those who want it.

As I recall, the rep mod was not designed to be restricted to sub-forums. The program would have to be entirely rewritten (and likely become bloated in the process), so that is not really an option.

It's funny how this little toy causes so much angst and complaint wherever it goes. That's all it is, a toy. It amuses people to give and receive rep. Let them amuse themselves. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom