q6600 low temperature?

There should be a jumper labeled CMOS located on your motherboard. Just unplug your comp from the power, and switch the jumper to the opposite pin for a minute or so. If you can't find the jumper, remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard for a minute or so.

dude im pretty sure u just fried ur cpu, that really sucks dude

nice avatar, fits you well :D.

you can download a PDF of your motherboard manual probably, it should show you how to reset your bios in there. go to the manufacturer's site and find your motherboards page.

Good to hear it's going again. Don't worry much about "frying" your CPU trying to OC it. The most that will happen is that it won't post and you'll have to reset the BIOS as you just found out. They only real way to fry a CPU is by overheating it.

It'd only be the temp stopping you from overclocking if its getting hot, but at 2.6ghz, it shouldn't be that.
Its something that your not configuring probably.
I know I tried to give you the best instructions I could, but every board's BIOS is ever so slightly different. It could be the memory, if you haven't set it to 1:1 ratio for example if set to 400mhz on the FSB of the CPU?

As for resetting the BIOS, this is a simple procedure with ABIT boards, as there is something called a CMos Jumper, or even a CMOS switch, which will reset the BIOS back to default. This may happen a few times while overclocking, and its nothing to worry about, though it is very worrying when it first happens as you found out :p

You can only damage the CPU if you put too high of a voltage on it, but you shouldn't have to increase the voltage from stock at all until you get to a certain point.

Well what i noticed in my Bios
Is that my fsb was 1024 or something close to that i think it said GDR
when i moved that number the core clock speed went up
so i put it at like 1250 or something and it said 2.6somthing and the mem 1:1 so i dont know what it was

1024?...

Hmm... my brothers Asus board is like that, and I can't even get my head around it.

I much prefer it to say the simpler value...

Back
Top Bottom