Office 2007 Standard Upgrade

Brian_Fenner

In Runtime
I have two questions regarding upgrading to MS Office 2007 Standard using the "upgrade" version..............

1. How many machines can I "legally" install this on if I only use one at a time? I would like to install it on 1 desktop and 2 laptops for my use only. I have looked at MS website and the information is sketchy at best.

2. I presently have Office 2003 professional.........when doing the upgrade can I un-install my current office and do a "clean install"? Can I install 2007 on a new machine and just verify I have Office 2003 by inserting the disk during the install?

Thanks for any help..........

depends how many licnece keys it came with
ud just have to upgrade
u wil have to buy the full version if u want a clean install

depends how many licnece keys it came with

:rolleyes:
That's sort of the point of my question.
If I buy this package how many PC's can I legally install it on?

The second part of my question.............
Is Office 2007 like Vista? All Vista disks are the same it's just the key that activates different portions of the program. Even if it's an upgrade in Vista you can still do a clean installation.
I Office like this?

Found this on the web..............so you can do a clean installation with an upgrade package! :p

The guy at Best Buy was trying to sell me the full installation package which costs $125 more than the upgrade because he said you can't do a clean installation with the upgrade...........they are full of chit!
Trying to make customers fork out more money needlessly!

Office 2007 clean install from Upgrade?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you install the Office 2007 from an upgrade version onto a PC w/o office installed by providing your Office 2003 CD during installation?

If not, how much of Office 2003 do you need on the target PC for the 2007 install to "see".

I just bought a Vista laptop and don't want to install Office 2003 on the thing just to be able to install the upgrade.

Well, I got my new laptop and tried the above, and it went in without a problem.

MS Office 2007 Proffesional Upgrade asked to "see" the Office 2003 CD, checked it, and I was able to install and activate with no problem.

Back
Top Bottom