Will this sound hookup work?

Celegorm

Site Team
Staff member
Ok, so I'm thinking about building a media center computer with my dad for the family. After all the things I've learned after building stuff with him (normal house stuff) I though it would be time to return the favor.

Well, our entertainment system does not have optical audio so I'm looking to send a speaker wire out from the computer to a splitter that takes the speaker wire and sends the signal out as red/white composite (cable on the left on the picture below)
36-150-047-07.jpg

then from there just get a composite cable and run that to the TV. Will that work, or will I run into problems?

That will work just fine. Go from line out on the card to line in on the amp or a A/V ready tv.

Well at the moment i have our old living room steroe which consists of a kenwood rx 49 amp with a pair of LS29's speakers and a CS03 center speaker and a pair of RS03 surround speakers all wired to my pc with a 3.5kmm to rca jack which is just like what you have there
The 3.5mm converter goes in the back of the amp and all the speakers are wired to that
prod_100738.jpg

and i got no issues at all so yer i cant see why not

i do that right now :) although i hook it up to my receiver. if you need anymore help and im on AIM message me, im pretty good with home audio setups.

Back
Top Bottom