New computer, sound OK?

movinup

Baseband Member
Specs:
Intel® Core™2 Quad Q6600
Chipset Intel® Viiv™ G965
Memory: 2048MB DDR2 667MHz (PC2-5300), expandable to 8GB

Video: Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3000, up to 256MB shared video memory, PCI express (PCIe x16) slot available for upgrade

Audio: 8-Channel (7.1) high-definition audio
Amplified stereo speakers (USB-powered)

Hard Drive: 400GB SATA II (7200rpm, 8MB Cache)2

Optical Drive: 18x DVD±R/RW Multiformat dual-layer optical drive featuring Labelflash™ technology3, Up to 8.5GB with dual-layer media, Write max: 18x DVD±R, 6x DVD-RW, 8x DVD+RW, 8x DVD±R DL, 12x DVD-RAM, 48x CD-R, 32x CD-RW, Read max: 16x DVD-ROM, 48x CD-ROM

Also, It comes with Vista Home Premium, should I keep it or upgrade (downgrade??) to XP Pro.

Thats a pretty good deal for the money. I would looking into something else graphics wise and I would recommend going with XP Pro because I wouldn't run Vista on anything less then 4gb of RAM.

OK, just a couple questions if you know.

I have XP Pro to wipe the HD and install. Will XP recognize a drive that big? And I have never had a DVD burner before. I would like to use it, but I am unsure of whether I can selectivly pick the DVD software off of the rescue disk.

Yes, XP will recognize it, but why put XP on it? Vista is a lot better than people give it credit for. It's a lot more stable than XP ever was for me.

Vista is good for the average user, but for me, XP is more familiar and easier to use. Vista looks good, but obviously you need to have a graphics card to run vista, or it will become incredibly slow.

Back
Top Bottom