broke?

ace777

Fully Optimized
ok I have a 8400 GS,2 gb RAm,1.9 ghz dual core AMD athlon,and only a 380 watt PSU. for a while everything was going great the games ran pretty well on medium settings ( not to put stain on the PSU/card it says only 350 watt minimum) until my new PSU arrived at my house. well I got bored and wanted to try it on ultra high for just 1-2 minutes to see how it worked ( then i put it back on mediu, settings, it ran wonderfully. but now every now and then the game will hang uop and freeze ( it was doind this before) but now more frequently. is there any way to ruin some diagnostics or have i just screwed up my computer.:mad:

As long as your system meets the system requirements for the games you play, then it almost definitly is the PSU if it crashes.

so did it hurt the computer?if i get a new psu will it be all right i just built it so i was just wondering if that hurt it

what psu do you have? brand/model all that stuff, but yea i agree with worshipme its most likely the psu, but what are your temps when gaming? download pc wizard and run that while your gaming and it should tell you what your temps are on screen while gaming...

If it wasn't crashing before the PSU was put in, and you haven't knocked anything, it could be this, though to make your computer freeze, I can't imagine what its sending to the devices. It must be a spike or a loss of power or something?
If it was a usual PSU fault, it'd simply reset from switching off and back on...

If it wasn't doing it before the switch though it must be.

I wouldn't even turn on that computer until you test it with another.

No, you didn't hurt your computer.

I don't really think it's PSU related. Have you downloaded all the latest drivers for you sound, graphics, and motherboard from the manufacturer's sites?

Make sure there are no programs running in the background while gaming. When's the last time you did a system cleanup and defrag?

Back
Top Bottom