I was physically attacked & knocked to the ground

Brookfield

Golden Master
Here is a description of events exactly as they happened;

Yesterday morning, Saturday, as I regularly do on that day I walked to the local village shop to pick up a newspaper, it's a small shop & I'd stopped just inside the door to look at some Xmas cards for sale on a rack, when suddenly the door burst open & I was roughly barged into & I staggered, a second later it happened again & I fell against the rack knocking it over scattering the cards all across the floor, I turned & there, about 6' away were a couple of guys, standing there grinning at me as I stooped to pick up the cards, I went right up to them, they both wore baseball caps, jeans & trainers, nothing wrong in that except they weren't youngsters, they were both burly guys around 45, I asked them why they did that, one laughed in my face & promptly shoved me so hard I went flying, I ended up against the door, cracking my head on the floor, for a few seconds I didn't know what happened & Icouldn't get up, [this is normal for me these days, if I get on the floor at home to do something, it takes me ages to get up] a customer helped me to my feet, someone got the manager, & he brought a chair for me to sit on, I was in a daze & shaking, but I saw the two guys get their papers, push by people & without a word leave the shop in a hurry, several customers said they'd be a a witness, I know most of them, it's only a small village, but I just wanted to get home & in any case they were strangers & they were long gone anyway, so still shaking I bought my paper & walked home, roughly 300 yards away, by the time I got there I had a splitting headache & when I flopped into an easy chair, my coccyx, ["tailbone"] ached badly, I had to sit there for around 5 minutes before I could get up & get my outer clothes off, it was a bitterly cold day.

There's a lot of dick's around. They just DONT grow up! Im sorry to hear about that brook. Dont let them stop you going out, if you know what i mean.

owch that sucks. im just glad you arnt seriously hurt.
sometimes its just not safe going out on your own :(

Why didnt someone follow them, I'd imagine the store owner having a gun, for protection, maybe he could have held them at gunpoint?

Those are the type of guys who deserves death by suffering. I hope you get better Maurice. It's something that's hard to swallow, but you should seek legal actions.

Why didnt someone follow them, I'd imagine the store owner having a gun, for protection, maybe he could have held them at gunpoint?
a gun in a village shop!
this is the united kingdom lol.
i suppose there are some corner shops that might have some guns

This was "unforseen" but the owner of the store should have taken some initiative to it's customers. If those two guys caused more damage, a full investigation would have been in affect. The card rack getting knocked down is considered "petty" because it's low cost and minimal damage occured. Since you suffered injuries, get a doctors report and file a complaint. I wouldn't go that far with the complaint though depending on how well if you know the store owner :p. But to be honest, I don't think there's much you can do in this case. Especially if those guys were from out of town.

Back
Top Bottom