New Computer Turns off in Minutes

have you made sure the cooler is on properly and actually making contact with the CPU? and is the thermal paste applied correctly, so that its evenly spread out over the CPU/heatsink?

First, in the BIOS, the temps is under load, but there is a big problem. Someone didn't seat the heatsink properly. If you bought it prebuilt, take it back and complain that your CPU is overheating. That's to avoid voiding your warranty.

HAHAHA.
The shop forgot to take off the label off the CPU cooler. A 5 minute job for a 1 hour drive. All is well now! Thanks guys!

-Rhys

damn that suucks! haha wow, well atleast you got it fixed haha =D

ps. thats one reason that i build my own computers, so that i can trust it working properly since i put it together =D

Don't think so! I'm kinda surprised it's all good now without having to replace anything. The label just peeled off like normal.

First, in the BIOS, the temps is under load, but there is a big problem. Someone didn't seat the heatsink properly. If you bought it prebuilt, take it back and complain that your CPU is overheating. That's to avoid voiding your warranty.

I was just going to say it wasn't set probally

haha, please tell me you applied thermal paste, if you didn't thats probably where those temps are coming from.

Back
Top Bottom