More Proof

apparently you havent heard of crysis then, because that uses your whole system to the MAX dude...

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/ut3-demo_6.html#sect1
that checks out the toms hardware review, also TH is one of the most popular review sites, and one of the most trusted, they would lie.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/hl2-ep2_6.html#sect1
shows the same results too

Crytek is the exception. Those fuckers made the engine so even the latest hardware that hasn't been released can't run it at no more than 30-40 FPS.

http://www.gemaga.com/2007/12/12/over-1800-in-video-cards-to-run-crysis-on-very-high

As for you citing only Tom's Hardware, I don't give a shit if they're popular. You try citing only one source in a high school and college research essay and you can say hello to a Fantastic for your grade. If you're going to prove a hunch you have, one source doesn't mean shit no matter where it's from.

You misspelled my name :p

I'm glad I didn't spend the extra money. I was about to save more, but my 6800GS was really showing age.

Half-Life 2 and it's variants, ut2004, some other games as well.
These all run great on a 128mb card. No problems at all. If you decided to go cheap and get a 128 over a 256, then you wouldn't regret it with those games.

But what about now? those cards aren't even funny to talk about when games like Crysis and all these unreal engine3 games are around.

If person A spent $150 on a 128 mb card and person B spent $250 on a 256 mb card, then by your theory person B was a dumbass.

..yet person A now has poor performance with the newer games and must spend well over $200 to make up for it these days..

...and person B doesn't have to upgrade to play these newer games... because I am person B, and I play these newer games just fine.

How do I base this? well.. My card is 256 megs. It does it's job still. Can any of you sincerely tell me that a 128mb card is even worthy of standing in the presence of Unreal3 powered games.. let alone crysis?...

So as you can see, person A spent more money in the end, just to become content with his game... while person B was never discontent in the first place.

I had to decide between this and some other 128 mb card, the savings was about $100 to go with the 128.. all while knowing that the games I wanted to play would perform exactly the same between the two cards.. but then I realized that being forced to upgrade to perhaps a $300 video card is a bit more costly than spending an extra $100 initially..

The initial savings don't make up for what you pay later.

Now, who got ripped off again?

what does that name mean anyways?

Everyone asks me that lol. Well when you use a cell phone with that texting mode that types common words based on the key you press, you get that when trying to type "crap" normally. It's really lame, but whatever. I use it for everything now.

mike, im talking about the 320mb vs 640mb variants of the old 8800GTS.

the reason a 128mb card wouldnt stand up is because the GPU's are different, and well 128mb vs 256mb is a whole different comparasion. i cant wait til TH has the 8800GT 256mb benches up. that will really put my hunch up to the test.

in 6 months when the 8800GTS's are really being strained it will prove rather or not the 640/512 mb versions were the better choice in the long run

Back
Top Bottom