Got my Z-5300e's!

FlightSimBoy

Fully Optimized
Yep, I got them yesterday (Friday) from the most wonderful site Newegg, through the brown box UPS. I must say, good job actually carrying out the "guaranteed" 3-day delivery for once in your existence.

But anyway. These speakers are absolutely amazing. Talk about total power behind these babies. If I crank them up to the third light on the remote, my whole house starts shaking because the bass is so LOUD and distortion free. :) I have cranked it up all the way to max, but I don't keep it there for long because it gives me a headache, and I'm pretty sure my neighbors house starts shaking by then. My house has very thin walls and windows, and theres not very much separation between houses.

But, damn, 280 watts RMS total power, but they can go up to 560 watts if I wanted them too. The sub alone is 100 watts.

Even with my onboard sound card, I can still get the full range of sound you would expect out of high definition, THX capable, 5.1 surround sound speakers.

What more can I say? These speakers are totally amazing. I really like the distortion free bass, and the full range of sound. For 140 bucks, it was a great buy.

Also, I might buy a sound card a little on down the road, because I've always heard theres like a 100 percent difference between that and onboard.

Another thing: Anyone know any good techno music programs? Something like Fruity Loops Studio, which I have tried and LOVE. These speakers are really good for music editing, too!

Newegg link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121121&Tpk=Z-5300

I have the Z-5300e's but i use mine in a 2.1 setup because I dont have room for the rest.. I used to but moved my desk around.. =( but the performance to price ration on these are amazing..

Very Nice! I have a pioneer 5.1 System myself. 170W For the Sub, and 40 per sattelite. I need to get a new sound card though - right now, it's virtual surround, because my soundcard doesnt have an optical out... Not for long though :D

Sounds good, I love logitech's speakers. Everytime I look for a cheap reliable great sounding set of speakers, I turn to them. I've got x-230's, x-540's (Which I can't have in surround sound because I have no way to hide the wires) and they continue to amaze me. The sub on some of their speakers I wouldn't even call a subwoofer, but the 5000 series has some of the better subs.

Have fun with your speakers! Write a review too.

Yeah, I was going to write a review for the review board, but my mind froze over. I'm just not good at writing stuff like that. I had the specs down, then when I went into my own ratings.. FREEZEEEEEEEE!

lol..

Yep, I know exactly what you're talking about. My Z-5500s are basically the same thing except twice as powerful :p

Definitely think about a sound card. I'm no audiophile, but the difference when I upgraded to a sound card was pretty big.

Do you think I should get a soundcard in my new build with the x-540's?

I think that if you are running any kind of higher quality speakers, you should install a soundcard. Most onboard sound isn't up to the task of providing audio that is good enough. With the high quality speakers you'll hear all the defects in the sound.

Back
Top Bottom