Slow performance recently

O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Lexar JD31 (LxrJD31s) - Unknown owner - LxrJD31s.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Macromedia Licensing Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macromedia Shared\Service\Macromedia Licensing.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: NBService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Office Source Engine (ose) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Source Engine\OSE.EXE (file missing)
O23 - Service: Panda anti-virus service (PAVSRV) - Panda Software International - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Antivirus 2008\pavsrv51.exe
O23 - Service: StarWind iSCSI Service (StarWindService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\StarWind\StarWindService.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: StarWind AE Service (StarWindServiceAE) - Rocket Division Software - C:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\StarWind\StarWindServiceAE.exe
O23 - Service: SecuROM User Access Service (V7) (UserAccess7) - Sony DADC Austria AG. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\UAService7.exe
O24 - Desktop Component 0: (no name) - http://www.onlinepokerhangout.com/images/public/Poker-hands.jpg

--
End of file - 10815 bytes

Go to control panel and get in to the services. Disable messenger.
Go to drive management and disable the restore points. Disabling them will delete the current ones. But some times you have to go this route.
Go to safe mode and run adaware and spybot. Make sure they are both up to date.
Run your antivirus scanner. Delete what ever it finds.

Ok enough of the lesson. Zonealarm is the best of the best when it comes to free firewalls. AdAware and Spybot S&D are top rated free spy/ad/malware removal tools. Ccleaner and FindJunkFiles are top rated free general purpose cleaners. Wise reg cleaner is a simple easy to use, multiplatform reg cleaner.
Most of these programs can be found at www.filehippo.com while the wise reg cleaner is at www.wise.com .
But the single greatest tool you have against things like this is you. Be cautious what web sites you go to. Take care not to open suspect e-mails or junk mail. Keep your system cleaned up and up to date as far as the OS updates go.
If you don't, well you're gonna wish you had. Like right now...

Go to control panel and get in to the services. Disable messenger.
Go to drive management and disable the restore points. Disabling them will delete the current ones. But some times you have to go this route.
Go to safe mode and run adaware and spybot. Make sure they are both up to date.
Run your antivirus scanner. Delete what ever it finds.

Ok enough of the lesson. Zonealarm is the best of the best when it comes to free firewalls. AdAware and Spybot S&D are top rated free spy/ad/malware removal tools. Ccleaner and FindJunkFiles are top rated free general purpose cleaners. Wise reg cleaner is a simple easy to use, multiplatform reg cleaner.
Most of these programs can be found at www.filehippo.com while the wise reg cleaner is at www.wise.com .
But the single greatest tool you have against things like this is you. Be cautious what web sites you go to. Take care not to open suspect e-mails or junk mail. Keep your system cleaned up and up to date as far as the OS updates go.
If you don't, well you're gonna wish you had. Like right now...

What do you mean by going to "services". where is that? and "drive management"

So i updated my adaware,spybot, and panda antivirus, then went into safe mode, did a scan.. and panda only found some win32.parite.. which i can get rid of easily.. adaware found nothing,, and spybot found "Win32.Agent.bid", which i think is gone now..

But im still feeling the choppy performance.. and i still see the popups from my trayicon, saying to get antivirus programs from this site or whatever.. and everytime i go into system restore.. i see that the checkpoints are on the current day.. and nowhere else.. ( the check points arnt actually saved.. it just says checkpoint on whatever day i check system restore ) ???
:S:S:S
For example.. its friday, its says i got a checkpoint on friday.. next day.. saturday now, i check system restore. .says there is a checkpoint on saturday (current day) but nothing on friday? ???????????
Also, everytime i try and click on a link from google.. like i search something, and try clicking on one of the results.. it always gets redirected to some site.. which i dont let load ( since i fear it will give me trouble :p )

Back
Top Bottom